The theme for Earth Day this year is Invest In Our Planet because a green future is a prosperous future!
- Act (boldly)
- Innovate (broadly)
- Implement (equitably)
This week I have been running a 5-day Earth Day Challenge in my community support group, in which everyone is taking one positive action each day to support a healthier earth. Some of what we’ve been doing include:
- Ditching single-use plastics like plastic cutlery, plastic bags, and straws
- Buying items with minimal packaging and recycling as much as you can
- Adding live plants to your living space
- Eating plant-based at least one day
- Turning off lights and appliances when you’re not using them
- Unplugging chargers if they’re not charging something
These are just a few ideas to help protect and improve our environment. But, it’s going to take all of us to be #ALLIN. Businesses, governments, and citizens — everyone is accountable.
And while there is still time to solve the climate crisis, time to choose BOTH a prosperous and sustainable future, and time to restore nature and build a healthy planet for our children and their children — time is short.
So what are you doing to invest in our planet for a healthier life for us all? Comment and let me know 🙂