Some people say “Success is a journey, not a destination.” And while I agree with that, I also think success is something else.
Success is a decision.
That’s right. In building healthy habits, in achieving goals, in work… whatever: We choose our own results.
We’re often asked how to succeed at something – like losing a certain amount of weight, for example. The solution is simple: Decide you’re going to do it.
Here’s what I mean – or, rather, what I don’t mean.
- You don’t get what you want by waiting for it to magically happen.
- You don’t get what you want by hoping someone gives it to you.
- You don’t get what you want by quitting when it gets difficult or takes longer than you’d like.
Instead, success comes from:
- Understanding your motivations
- Doing your research and choosing appropriate goals
- Then committing – really committing – to do whatever is necessary
That’s what successful people do. They don’t rely on talent and hope and good luck, although those things can play a part.
But even the rare few who are talented, hopeful and lucky also plan smartly and work hard.
They adopt a champion’s mindset and learn to stay above their emotions, while accepting that doubt and missteps are part of the deal.
And they build consistent habits that often take time to pay off.
Success then isn’t just ONE decision, but a constant effort to make the next positive choice.
If you can say yes, then you’re halfway there.
PS – If you have no idea where to start on your own health & fitness journey, or want the right guidance to help you achieve your goals, check out my All-Access VIP Coaching at https://renov8.fitness/all-access-vip-coaching/ – I’d love to be the one to guide you!