The holidays were just here and now it’s already March. How is that possible?
Time goes by so fast sometimes that it’s hard to keep track of it.
But with just a few simple hacks, you can soak up all the best of your life and maximize time for your own purposes. Don’t allow it to just pass you by!
1. Keep a calendar. Some people think it’s fine to make notes on their phone, but there’s greater effectiveness in keeping a paper calendar and writing on it (that’s what I do!). That way, you can look at weeks and months in advance more easily than on your phone – and always get a visual reminder that “a couple of months away” really isn’t very far!
2. Set small goals in pursuit of your bigger aims. If you’re trying to exercise more, then maybe it would be fun to enter your first 5K race. If you’re trying to lose weight, then celebrate at appropriate milestones. If you’re trying to save money, then pat yourself on the back when your balance hits certain figures.
3. Plan fun stuff. It’s important to schedule vacations, parties and other positive events that you can anticipate joyfully. Use time to savor that deliciousness.
4. Welcome the passage of time. No matter what age you are, it might sometimes feel like life is flying past. You might wish you could be the way you were at a previous age. You might even resent certain aspects of aging. But you know what? You’ll be so much happier when you EMBRACE the natural order of life. Whatever age you are is infinitely better than anything in the past. BECAUSE IT’S HERE; right now (:
5. Cherish rituals and holidays. Participate in them; respect their power.
6. Do what successful people do. They exercise and eat right. They read. They volunteer. They enjoy hobbies. They cherish time with loved ones.
7. Do not judge yourself against others. Accept setbacks like illness, disappointments or bad news and be forgiving of yourself. You can try your best every single day and still come up short sometimes – and that’s okay. It’s just part of the bigger picture.
So, as we welcome spring, can you anticipate something this summer or next year? Can you sit still with yourself and be grateful? Can you believe that you are a bright, shining light in the world and that you’re doing a great job being you?
I hope so. Because you ARE!
PS – I have ONE SPOT LEFT for my 6-week Renov8 Fitness Core Strong! beta program that starts on Monday. If you want that spot, click HERE!