Almost everyone wants to look younger.
In our culture, aging is viewed with the same contempt as gaining weight.
“Well, she looks good – for her age,” is a common back-handed compliment. And people spend millions of dollars every year on everything from face creams to cosmetic surgeries to fight off the inevitable.
But there’s nothing wrong with wanting to feel and look youthful, if you reach peace with the idea that we’re all getting older every day.
If you want to keep that youthful glow, here are some pointers.
- Drink plenty of water. There’s probably nothing better for your skin than staying hydrated.
- Don’t smoke and avoid too much time in the sun as both dramatically affect the skin and wrinkle the face.
- Limit alcohol and caffeine, which can damage the skin if overused.
- Get plenty of sleep. There’s a reason it’s called “beauty sleep,” after all 🙂
- Moisturize your skin daily to prevent dryness and help you look and feel younger with softer and more elastic skin.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables to help fight off skin-damaging free radicals and reduce inflammation (ex: vitamin C-packed fruits).
- Exercise regularly to help improve blood flow, which nourishes cells and removes toxins from the skin.
And if coloring your hair, trying a new style, and using various cosmetic methods make you feel better about yourself, then go ahead. The truth is that feeling youthful comes from within! And nothing looks better than living well.
So, laugh often, be kind and forgiving as much as possible, and maintain a positive outlook. Aging gracefully, and youthfully, will come to you naturally.
Do you have any practices that keep you feeling younger?
If you’d like more specific guidance on how you can age youthfully while feeling healthy and irresistible, without giving up the things you love, comment below and let me know.
I design custom fitness, nutrition and lifestyle programs for my clients that are based on YOUR UNIQUE BIOLOGY, because no two people are alike.