When you want something, do you search for reasons you can’t have it? Or do you look for reasons you’ll get it?
If you start a new project, are you secretly searching for an excuse to fail? Or for support to help you win?
Either way, the result is the same: If you seek it, you will find it.
Try it the next time you set a goal. For example, like getting in your workout today. Will you do it?
You could search for an excuse to NOT exercise, and quickly find any number of them:
- Traffic will be backed up.
- I had a terrible day and just want a glass of wine.
- My favorite Netflix series is back with a new season.
But if you’re committed to your regimen, you’ll find positive affirmations like these:
- I can’t wait to see my workout buddy.
- I bet I can lift more/run farther/burn more calories than I did last time.
- I know I will get a great night’s sleep after the gym.
They’re all just as easy to find, so ask yourself: What am I looking for today? An excuse to fail, or a reason to win?
Not sure where to start, what type of health & fitness goal to create, or how to gauge progress? Complete my Hack Your Lifestyle Quiz and let’s chat!