Here we are in March already. How did that happen so fast?
Let’s pause a moment to check in and see how you’re doing compared to your expectations back on January 1st.
Everyone can benefit from taking inventory and changing directions where needed.
- Ask yourself how it’s been going so far in 2022. How do you feel? Are you healthy? Thankful?
- What are some highlights of the year so far? What has held you back?
- Consider the goals you set for the year.
- Measure your progress. Literally, measure it. If you wanted to lose 15% body fat in 2022, for example, are you on track?
- If you’re losing weight at a healthy rate and you feel good, then great: Keep it up. Give yourself a little reward of encouragement.
- If, on the other hand, you’re unhappy with your progress, then look back on the year (No. 1 and No. 2 above) and see what was in your way. Maybe you had a huge work deadline, a family issue, or you’ve been sick. The point here is to identify a possible problem, acknowledge it, and let it go.
- Your review might reveal instead some areas for improvement. Maybe you need to add another workout to the week or reduce your stress a little bit more. Maybe you need to keep a journal or enlist a friend as an accountability partner.
Don’t judge yourself harshly. Remember that you’re being SO TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE by conducting this status check.
See where you can improve, think about how you can make those adjustments, and continue your journey, with a smile on your face and the March wind in your sails.
PS – I’d love to be your accountability partner! Join me in my free Renov8 Your Lifestyle Challenge that starts on Monday! I have a handful of spots still available.