I want to share something important today – something really personal for me that has made all the difference in my health and happiness.
I love myself
Now, I couldn’t always say that. I didn’t always truly love myself. There are way too many times I’ve had low self-esteem. Even imposter syndrome creeps up into my life more often than I’d like it to.
At some points in my life, I struggled with my value as a person.
I wasn’t sure of my purpose.
Questioning what I was worthy of and capable of doing.
Do you ever feel that way? I know many people do. And it’s easy to see why. Our lives are so stressful, and we’re told over and over that we’re not doing enough, we’re not thin enough, not smart enough, or we’re not rich enough…
Well, I’m here today to tell you that you are, in fact, enough. TOTALLY ENOUGH! Just as you are.
You can learn to love yourself by taking positive steps every day. You don’t have to wait for the sky to open, or for an all-powerful moment of clarity.
- Take care of yourself physically. That means eating right, exercising regularly, and receiving regular medical care from your doctor.
- Don’t smoke or drink too much. And if you have trouble with any of these, seek the help of a professional or a 12-step group.
- Socialize, even when it’s hard to make the effort.
- Enjoy your body and all the wonders it can do. Our society wants us to feel bad about what our bodies can’t do, about how our bodies look. Learn to call BS on that everywhere you see it.
- Express love for others and accept it when it’s offered unconditionally.
- Pursue a spiritual path, whether it’s at a traditional house of worship or something else altogether. Being connected to something more powerful than us enriches our lives on a daily basis.
- Give of yourself by volunteering or being of service to others.
- Express gratitude. Silently, vocally, in the morning, in the evening…Any time and everywhere.
- Create on a regular basis. Paint, crochet, make clay pots, write poetry, draw…Art is powerful, and it’s not just for professionals.
Ultimately, it’s up to you to let go of all the self-doubt and limitations that have been imposed on you over the years. But you can get closer every day by taking action steps like these, and more.
It takes effort. But remember: You’re worth it 😉
If you’d like me to help you feel more confident about yourself, so you can love yourself more, please comment below and let’s chat.