It’s been a year and a half since the coronavirus rocked the world. It’s been terrible in more ways than anyone could’ve imagined, and we still don’t have a definite solution.
Still, without being too negative about it, let’s take a moment to highlight some lessons we’ve all learned from the experience about our personal health and wellbeing. It will help us stay strong and focused on making the right choices.
- We can strengthen our immune systems through exercise, proper nutrition, good sleep habits, and stress management.
- Movement is important every day, even if it’s just going on a walk when visiting a gym isn’t on the agenda.
- Social interaction is vital to our physical, mental, and spiritual health. And if we have to take extra steps to get it, then we should.
- We’ve got to maintain good habits even in stressful times. In other words, the pandemic shouldn’t have been an excuse to live on the couch and indulge our Ben & Jerry’s habit.
- Some things are beyond our control, but we still have to make responsible choices.
Regardless of what COVID-19 holds for the future, let’s keep turning adversity into strength, and finding new ways to be compassionate with ourselves and with others.
This pandemic gave us the gift of reflecting back to us what’s most important, and that our health and the health of our loved ones can never, ever be put on the back burner.