You know I’m into fitness…
Fittin’ this donut recipe in my belly!
These Baked Almond Butter Donuts are a real treat. They taste just like donut shop pastries, but are so much healthier!
Almond butter is a great choice for healthy fat and protein. You can easily make these donuts gluten-free by subbing in your favorite 1:1 gluten-free flour.
If you make these tasty treats today, be sure to snap a picture and tag me on social!
Baked Almond Butter Donuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp white or cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: 1/4 cup almond butter melted with 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, and 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Preheat your oven to 350F and spray a donut pan or mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the first 5 ingredients (the wet ingredients) in a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry, then evenly disperse the mixture into the donut pan cavities.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until the donuts are risen and cooked through.
- Allow the donuts to sit for 5 minutes before removing from the pan and devouring 🙂
- Optional: Dip each donut into the melted almond butter/coconut oil mixture and top with slivered almonds.
PS – Did you notice this donut recipe is completely plant-based?! Just one of the many breakfast treats you can enjoy while losing weight and toning up for summer when you join my 30-Day Plant-Based Transformation Program! We start on June 14th. Click HERE to reserve your spot!