You’ve probably heard that you’re the average of the five people you spend the most time with.
It’s a good idea to keep in mind when you’re improving your exercise and eating routines. You want to be surrounded by supportive people who will encourage you, inspire you, and maybe even teach you.
You don’t want to be spending time with Debbie Downers! Even the most upbeat people will be brought down by constant naysayers.
Does your inner circle reflect your values and provide the loving support you need? What about:
- Your significant other? Even if (s)he doesn’t want to take on your fledgling habits, your partner can still make domestic accommodations in scheduling and shopping.
- Your best friend? If (s)he’s really a partner in overeating and lounging, then you might need a new BFF. At least be clear that you won’t be joining in those activities anymore.
- Your workout partner? If none of your friends are interested in joining your walks, rides, or workouts, you’ll find a welcoming group at Renov8 Fitness.
- Your trainer/coach? All good trainers and coaches are not the same. If you have one who doesn’t raise your game, show you new stuff, or make you feel special, then get another one…Take my Hack Your Lifestyle Quiz HERE.
- Your work colleagues? If you’re going to the workplace again, enlist someone for walking lunches and progress checks. If you’re working at home, check in with that special workmate daily to share encouragement. BTW, at Renov8 Fitness, we offer quick 5- and 10-minute virtual workouts for a nice workday break.
Remember you’re responsible for the energy you allow yourself to absorb. Make sure it’s the kind that fuels your dreams and passions!