February is the second month, but it might be first in feelings of self-disappointment.
How many times have you felt by this point in a new year that it was all going to be a failure – that, since you already had dropped a resolution or even forgot to make one, that you were doomed to have another year of unmet healthy living aspirations?
Well, I’m here to keep you from going down that rabbit hole again. You can still have your fittest year yet. You just have to get your mind wrapped around it.
- Now is the perfect time to start. Yesterday’s gone, and tomorrow isn’t promised – so focus on what you can do today to make better choices and take the right actions.
- Make a plan and tell one or two other people about it. Accountability is a powerful motivator.
- Focus on a process you’ll enjoy, not the goals you’re laboring toward.
- Make a list of why you want to be fit – as long or as short a list as you like – and keep it handy for those times when you’re discouraged.
- Look at the future as endless opportunities to live a better life, not a litany of chores and resolutions.
Fitness is a lifestyle, not a resolution. It’s a commitment to yourself, and that shouldn’t change because of the calendar.
You got this!