If you want to experience a truly extraordinary life, this message is for you.
And it’s not about quitting your job and frolicking off to foreign lands (although if that’s your goal, power to you).
It’s about making small and easy choices each day that add up to a massive up-level.
I talk a lot about growth because I truly believe it’s something most humans desire but get wrapped up in life obligations and being “too busy” to really prioritize.
So, here’s a quick list of suggestions for things you can do that will literally transform you and your life:
1. Walk more while growing mentally. Sounds so simple, right? The mental growth part has to do with listening to podcasts, books, YouTube videos…whatever interests you. But this is an incredible opportunity for you to both MOVE and expand your mind.
2. Replace television with books. Reading is becoming a lost art for so many people. And I get that most of us are mentally tapped out by the end of the day but reading can be incredibly pleasurable and it changes your mind in ways that TV just can’t.
3. Take up a new skill or hobby. Whether you’ve wanted to learn how to be a better cook, volunteer at an animal shelter, or pick back up the writing you used to do in college, taking up new skills and hobbies is so good for the human mind and experience.
4. Reconnect with people from your past. It’s easier than ever for us to lose touch with people we were once close to. Everything seemingly happens for the sake of “busy” these days. But we know that having strong relationships and connection is one of the things that fundamentally makes life better for people. And we all know that life is short. You never know when you might not be able to call that person again so, don’t put it off any longer.
5. Travel more (once it’s safe to do so). Seeing the world and experiencing other cultures is one of the number one ways to grow yourself. It might be something you’d love to do or something totally out of your comfort zone. Either way, once you travel, you’ll never see the world the same way.
6. Spend time alone. Doing things alone – especially publicly is a massive transformational edge for many people. It might seem impossible to find that time or uncomfortable to go to dinner by yourself but becoming at peace with solitude and comfortable in who you are without the company of others is a game-changer.
So, are you currently practicing any of the above?
Which do you feel would really push your growth edge and change your life for the better?
I’d love for you to share – comment below and let me know! ?